Re: starting/running

To: "Paul Root" <proot@iaces.com>, "Montgomery Morris"
Subject: Re: starting/running
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 19:18:57 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
To: Montgomery Morris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Cc: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 1:20 PM

> 2) Engine keeps running after removing key. Jiggling between accessories
> and ignition usually gets it to quit. This didn't happen before I pulled
> the engine to replace the clutch. So I was kind of thinking I have a
> wire
> in the coil/distributer area wrong. I don't think it did this before I
> pulled the engine, but I only drove the car around the block between
> buying it in early June and pulling the engine in July.

Check the emissions plumbing and anti-runon valve.  Due to a wiring design
error on cars with the ignition relay it is not the ignition switch cutting
off the supply of sparks to the engine that stops it, but the removal of
fuel from the jets by the anti-runon valve.

PaulH.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///