Re: Report: Ignitor Ignition System

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Report: Ignitor Ignition System
From: "Harlan Jillson" <harlanjillson@covad.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 18:15:57 -0500
It has been my experiance with the ignitor that it works fine with a battery
so low that the starter just clicks, and that's real low.  Still fires off
the engine and runs fine when push started.
As for the opening up the plug gap, I went to .035", but that's with a Lucas
sport coil with a lot more output that the stock unit.
Harlan

----- > If the Ignitor won't work below 12 volts, Pertronix better go back
to the
> drawing board.

> That was solved with a wait for a new magnetic collar.  Then my alternator
> > failed while in enroute, and as soon as voltage dipped below 12V you are
> > screwed if you use the Pertronix.  On the other hand, points will
continue
> > to operate into the upper 8V range.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list