Brake Fluids

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Fluids
From: Emjaxfl@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 07:42:32 EDT
Greetings All,

This is probably an old topic for most of you. I recall that back in the
'70s, there were problems with the brake parts being Lockheed or Girling and
you needed to use the same brand of brake fluid as your parts. If you didn't,
the rubber seals would rapidly fail. I also recall that Castrol brake fluid
was compatible with either brand of parts, I'm not certain of this.

Since I need to replace the leaking master cylinder on the B, I'm concerned
that this problem still exists so I don't ruin the brand new part. Helpful
comments and feedback from listers would be welcome.

Thanks,

Eric

74 B

///