MGB Sightings in Bridgeport, CT

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Sightings in Bridgeport, CT
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 22:28:42 -0400
Summer has returned to the northeast as you may have heard.  It's been 80 as
a high for 3 days now although Monday we are forecast to have freezing temps
in the northwest hills near Lime Rock.  The top has been off my B for a lot
of days this year because of the great weather.  And, today was another top
off day.

Today on my way to Stratford to check on progress on the Turner, I passed
two other MGBs on I-95 within 5 miles - another roadster (RB-type) & another
'66 B, but this one a GT.  Our LBCs are getting as common as old Chevies
around here.  Gotta love it!

BTW, it sure is a pleasure having overdrive on the highway.  It used to
drive me nuts (short walk, not a drive) listening to the engine scream along
at 5,000 rpm's or so while keeping up with traffic.  No more.  SO, if you
don't have overdrive, and you drive your MG a lot as I do, treat yourself -
get one.

Keep them on the road!

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB