Re: Help-MGA brake pedal travel

To: "mga" <mga@napanet.net>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help-MGA brake pedal travel
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 20:52:41 -0600
If your brakes have been adjusted and the pedal still goes down to far it might
be wear at all the linkage points.  The brake pedal,
and the pins at all the link points become "sloppy".

The fix is to replace both the pins, distance tubes, bushings, and weld up and
re-drill the hole in the top end of the pedal.

Good luck.

Larry hoy

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001 18:31:05 -0700 (PDT), mga wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a '62 MGA.  I just rebuilt one of my rear brake cylinders, adjusted
>the rear brakes, lubricated the handbrake cable so it will release properly,
>and bled the whole system.  I believe I got all the air out of the system.
>I also adjusted the pedal free play at the master cylinder.  Seems that the
>brake pedal goes down over half its travel before it meets resistance.  If I
>pump the pedal, it doesn't result in improvement, which should indicate all
>the air's out of the system.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///