Re: Stuck Starter / Lube

To: bobmgtd@home.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stuck Starter / Lube
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 16:39:17 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/01 4:14:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bobmgtd@home.com
writes:

> BTW: I'm still looking for a good aerosol lubricant. I just bought a can of
> gun oil, but
> it turned out to be just another thin "petroleum distillate" like all the
> others. I'm looking
> for an aerosol replacement for the old oil can. Would chain lube fit the
> bill? I noticed
> this stuff comes in a spray can.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

You have to pick the right lubricant for the job.  For places where water can
wash over the part, you can buy white lithium grease in a spray can.
Silicone lubricant is also available in spray, I just lubed the workings on
my recliner with it.  You can also get spray graphite lube that works well in
locks.

WD40 is very light and doesn't last very long.  What's the matter with the
regular old can of 3 in 1?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget