steering wheel removal 79 B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: steering wheel removal 79 B
From: Michael Jose <mwjose@home.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 15:26:06 -0700
I'm going to install a new turn signal/ high beam/ horn switch and
wanted to know if there is any special trick to taking off the wheel.
My Haynes isn't very helpful, as it talks about bolts and things which I
can't see.
I have a 79. B and when I take off the little MG badge in the center of
the wheel, all I see is a threaded bolt and that's about it.
Do I need to just get a puller and have at it? Or will I break
something?
thanks in advance for help on this.
Continuing my wiring problems, I have found a red/green wire that is a
part of the instrument loom that hooks to nothing, along with a black
wire which also attaches nowhere.any guesses?
Other than the rheostat issue, the problem i just started having is the
ignition light is on and the gauges are all dead but the oil pressure.
Could any of these things be related?
thanks for any help
mike jose
79 B Phoenix