Re: Was School bus, now K&N hose

To: dvandivere@akibia.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Was School bus, now K&N hose
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:19:48 EDT
In a message dated 10/10/01 6:06:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dvandivere@akibia.com writes:

> my Weber DGV with a K&N filter. There was a hose leading from inside the air
> filter box to the manifold which does pull some air; because my 78 B is
> de-smogged, the place I bought the new filter from recommended that I just
> plug the hose (vs. drill a hole in the K&N filter housing and reattach the
> hose). Question one: is this correct? There definitely is airflow through
> the hose when the engine's running. Question two: what's the best way to

- - - - - - - - - - -

Drill the hole in the bottom of the housing and attach the hose.  Without it,
you will prolly build up pressure and start blowing oil out the dipstick.
(Ask me how I know!)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget