Re: [heater]

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [heater]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:10:29 -0700
You got it. Very difficult to turn is it. If you examine one of the
gearboxes behind the knobs you will be amazed that you can turn them at all,
given all the friction and the very poor mechanical advantage (you are
basically turning a 3/4-inch lever arm with your fingertips). I removed
mine, thoroughly cleaned and lubed them, and lubed the cables, and it made
very little difference (from nearly impossible to merely difficult), but it
is possible that your situation could be improved by these steps. Be aware
that removing and refitting these beasties is no trivial exercise,
especially in later cars.

--

Max Heim