Re: Carb fuel problem

To: "Scott Bruner" <sbruner@ligtel.com>, "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb fuel problem
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:45:34 -0400
>  Is this something that is caused by a fuel pump with
>too much pressure (it is some unknown after market brand),

Could be that. worth checking

>carbs that need
>adjusting,

Probably stuck floats not shutting the fuel off

>or a absorption canister that needs replaced?

If it does get saturated I understand you can replace the charcoal inside
by going to a tropical fish store. They have the same stuff.

>  Or something I have
>not thought of?  This might be a typical stupid question, but this is my first
>MG, and the first time I have had the thing running so I have nothing to
>compare to.
We all had to start somewhere. When i got mine I could barely gap a plug
(not that I am any whiz now either but I have learned tons here.)

Carl French

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///