Re: Generator polarity

To: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Generator polarity
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:03:51 -0600
This part is critical and yet simple. All you need to do is touch or flash
a hot lead against the smaller of the two terminals on the back of the
generator. There should be a small spark when you do it.

And that is all there is to it.If its positive ground, flash a hot negative
lead against it. If you want to go convert to negative ground, you need to
flash a hot positive wire against the smaller terminal and make a few other
changes - change your battery leads, convert your tachometer (if its
electrical), maybe replace the fuel pump if its newer. Not too complicated
either.

David
67 BGT
72 B

At 10:25 AM 10/27/01 -0400, Carl W French wrote:
>Putting a new rebuilt generator that I got through a friend from VB. The
>friend also gave me a new (old) voltage regulator with it. The box has a
>sticker on it stating "polarise dynamo". I have very bad mastery of
>electrics here and respect the depths of my ignorance. Anything I should
>watch out for here?
>Looking to do this today, so hoping for a quick answer.
>Carl French
>PS; My car is still Pos grnd

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list