Cars for Sale :(

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cars for Sale :(
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 06:44:20 -0600
The heat pump in my house just had to be replaced so I need to sell some
cars to pay for it.  I suggested to my SO that we could just heat the garage
and spend our time there, but she didn't agree at all.  Since she fully
supports my addiction to LBCs, I guess I better try to sell a car to pay for
the new heat pump.

The first is my 1980 MGB.  It has a new Carmine Red paint job.  I just
replaced the head on the engine and replaced the drive shaft.  This past
Sunday I put new brakes on the front and installed new carpets.  The amazing
thing about this car is that there is absolutely no rust in the rockers
(sills) or floor pans.  The engine has been desmogged, so if you live where
you need to get inspections, this isn't the car for you.  Everything on the
car works, including the trunk light.  I'm asking $3250.00 for this sweet
little car.

The second car I'm selling is my 1974 round wheel arch Midget.  I rebuilt
the engine about 6 years ago, including hardened valve seats.  The rockers
and floor pans were rusted, but I just patched them up, had the car painted
and drove it.  Up until about a year ago, my son was driving it daily to
college and work.  Last Christmas I gave him a 1979 MGB (he liked the idea
of a car the same age as he is) so I took the Midget off the road.  This is
a restoration project that I just don't have time for.  One cylinder in the
engine has low compression and the transmission is making a lot of noise.  I
haven't looked into these problems at all.  The rockers and floors are
pretty rusted out, but I also have another body shell that is in great
shape.  I'm also going to include some parts, including another engine and
transmission with these cars, but both these would require rebuilding before
being used.  The interior is so-so, and I put a new top on it about a year
and a half ago.  I'm asking $750 for the Midgets.  This is very cheap for
what you get, but I want to get them to a good home.  If they stay where
they are I'm afraid they'll just rust away, and I don't want that to happen
to these cars.  Ideally I'd like to sell this to someone locally so I could
see the little car back up and running again.  This has been a great little
car for me and I would like to see it serve someone again.

I'm located in Panama City Beach, FL, about half way between Tallahassee and
Pensacola in the panhandle.  I'll have the 80 B at Rendezvous 2001 in
Tallahassee this weekend.  Please contact me off list with any questions.

Thanks

Ken
71 TR6
74 MGB (being restored)
66 MG 1100 (needs work, but hopefully on the road soon)
74 MGB parts car
74 Midget (restoration project)
80 MGB (Drives and looks great)

///