Oil Filter

Subject: Oil Filter
From: =?windows-1255?Q?=EE=F8=E8=E9=EF_=F8=E5=E2=E5=E1=E9=EF?=
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:43:02 +0200
My 70 B has one of those terrible oil filters that sits pointing up (ie oil
line on bottom, filter sits above), silver colored (aluminum?) cylinder with
a hex protrusion on top to help screw it on/off, with a separater filter
element that fits inside.

It's a real mess to change the filter, and lately I have been having trouble
sourcing the filter itself as well.
I have seen several different adaptors for modern cannister filters in
various places (Moss, VB, . . .), but it is not at all clear to me which
adaptor is appropriate for my particular car, as I understand that many
different filter setups were used over the years.

Because of my location, returns of shipped items are problematic, so before
I order I want to do everything possible to make sure I get the right part.

Any and all advice welcome.

Thanks,
RMartin
Tel Aviv