RE: Monza Exhaust - too loud 70 B

To: derex39@hotmail.com, doddk@mossmotors.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Monza Exhaust - too loud 70 B
From: "Dave Munroe" <brutusdog1@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 15:06:34 -0400
Derek;

I defer to Kelvin's superior knowledge on the topic as he sells them, but I
agree the Monza is 1 3/4". The muffler shop you get to supply and install
your center muffler should be able to handle the installation. Any shop
worth the name these days can shrink, expand, stretch and bend their pipe to
a remarkable degree.

The glasspacks are normally straight-through with the glass packed between
the outer wall and an inner perforated tube. The other types are simply
straight-throughs or have a spoon-type baffle in the exhaust stream. These
generally offer more restriction, but last longer. The glass wool tends to
eventually blow out and get really loud again. (but offer less back
pressure!).

Dave