Re: Alternator trouble

To: "carter's alltel" <goutvols@alltel.net>, "mgs list"
Subject: Re: Alternator trouble
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 19:51:50 -0000
He's telling you porkies.  If your coil measures about 1.5 ohms and you have
a ballast resistor in circuit (approx 6v measured at the coil +ve with the
points closed) you have the correct setup.  There is no benefit to you in
buying a 12v coil and bypassing the ballast.  There would be benefit to
him - some profit.  If you did what he suggested as well as being
uneccessarily out of pocket you may make starting more difficult.

PaulH.