jacking up car - welding a floor

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: jacking up car - welding a floor
From: "James Laukaitis" <jim5@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 01:12:04 -0500
Hi,
     I have a BGT definitely needs some help in the floor area, esp.
driver's side. I plan to take a look around and weld where I need it. I
have a friend who will help (still I think). He has a welder (I can't
remember which kind), and we will hopefully get it done. Anyone can point
me to some good auto welding procedures, that would be great. I have the
resto manual by Porter, and that sems pretty good. Also, jacking up the
car; I am not to keen on the jacking points and I have been jacking up the
car (twice) at the suspension points and the front center "plate." Is this
good or bad? Any suggestions on that as well?

Thanks,

Jim Laukaitis
1967 MGB-GT
email: jim5@us.ibm.com
karma - n. - the force produced by a person's actions in one of their lives
which influences what happens to them in their future lives

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///