UPDATE: Monza (actually, ANSA) Exhaust - too loud 70 B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: UPDATE: Monza (actually, ANSA) Exhaust - too loud 70 B
From: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 15:19:32 +0000
Thanks to all who responded your comments where exactly what I was looking
for.  I ended up buying a Cherrybomb muffler from Autozone, along with a
handful of clamps, 2" to 1 3/4 adapters, and two pieces of 2" x 16" pipe.  I
disconnected the existing assembly from the hangers and had to use the
sawzall to take it off of the downtube.  Pulled the resonator out from under
the car (btw, the car is on ramps).  Used that sawzall again to remove the
right amount of pipe.  Attached the new muffler to the resonator assembly.
Place the new assembly on blocks under the car in the finished position.
Tightened down the clamps, installed a new hanger.  Refilled the crankcase
with oil (multitasking).  Turned her over, Vroom.  Sweet, throaty sound,
that can bearly be heard from inside the house.  ~:)

Accomplished all of this in ~3 hours, including a trip to Autozone.  Not one
cut or bruised nuckle.  Truly amazing how smoothly it went and how smoothly
she sounds now.

On another note, I got around to washing a waxing the B and the pickup last
night.  I figured it was the last chance to do it without completely
freezing my hands.  In the process I might have found another use for those
latex gloves (if it hasn't already been mentioned).  I put a pair on while
washing and my hands stayed perfectly comfortable.  They worked like a wet
suit does, a little water built up between the glove and my skin and was
warmed by my body temperature.

Thanks again

Dereck
70 B