Re: Name of Part

To: "Tom Bott" <tbott1@bellsouth.net>, "MG Net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Name of Part
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 17:40:12 -0700
I'm not sure the part you describe. However, I am in the middle of a 72B
body restoration. I found that the Roadster Factory seemed to have a more
complete selection of body pieces, particularly frame pieces. I think your
best bet would be to get and review catalogs from the major suppliers,
particularly Moss and TRF, to see if the part is available. You can see
Moss motors catalog online at www.mossmotors.com

  If not available, you may have to have one fabricated.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B

At 08:47 AM 11/5/01 -0500, Tom Bott wrote:
>Good Day List,
>
>On a early MGB, what is the proper name for the part of the frame, rectangular
>approximately 4 by 6 inches, that is located in the center of the car, two
>structures from the engine compartment and running along under the sides of
>the transmission tunnel, where the transmission tunnel, cross member and
>inside parts of floor all come together?  Mine has more than surface rust
>showing.  Can it be replaced or safely repaired?  Are they the same for all
>mgb's?  ie:  mark I and rubber bumber cars.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tom

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list