Hey Buddy, need a round arch Midget?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hey Buddy, need a round arch Midget?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 00:37:39 -0700 (MST)
This is a long shot, I know, but I've never let that stop me before.  Good
thing I only go racing when I'm out in Wendover, and not gambling!

I have a round arch Midget here in Salt Lake City, maybe a 72, 73, I'm no
expert and can't remember what the title says.  It is basically a car that
a fellow who used to live in Salt Lake started working on, and never finished.
It was cobbled together from two different cars, which is the cause of one of
the problems.  Basically the title I have matches the commission number plate
on the part that got hauled away.  Of course, if you use the car for off road
purposes only, and never plan to register it, then no problem.  I doubt anyone
I know would simply buy a new number plate and adjust as necessary.

The body work is not too bad, the car is painted (lacquer) that bright yellow
which appeared on some of the third generation Mazda RX7s.  The interior, dash,
lights, bumpers, etc. are in various boxes laying around the storage sheds
and my shop.  Wiring needs help.  The water pump leaks, but there is a new
one ready to be installed.  Tires are toast.  I have had it running and drove
it up and down in front of the shop a bit, the engine (a 1275) was working
okay until the water pump started leaking.  I seem to recall there are no seats
in the pile of stuff, I tossed a ratty old race seat in it for my test runs.

Anyway, my wife and I are planning on a Thanksgiving weekend trip to the San
Francisco area.  Well, she'll be at the Kolo Festival in San Francisco, I'll
be getting Triumph grease on my hands in Palo Alto.  It would be a good
opportunity for someone along I-80 between SLC and San Francisco to save on
shipping charges if they purchased this car, and I dragged it along.  Anyone
interested?  There are a few photos you can check at

  http://www.team.net/mjb/midget

So, let's say that the Fat Chance Garage Thanksgiving Special on bright
yellow, unfinished Midgets dropped at your garage[1], along with several boxes
of related stuff, is, oh, $1812.  Maybe someone will respond to this overture.
We shall see.

mjb.

 1: Limited delivery area.

///