Will work for body work and paint...

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Will work for body work and paint...
From: mg-dennis@mindspring.com
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 08:27:18 -0800
Well, I received a call from Al, the body guy I've been talking to for a
year and a half to do my car, last week.  He said he was willing to take
on my MG.  So I've started the process of disassembling and stripping
the paint.  There sure are a lot of nuts and bolts holding an MG
together!  I had been collecting parts to do this for a while and sure
am glad I traded some parts for a bonnet a few years ago.  After
stripping it it was unbelievably straight.  The drivers door is in bad
shape.  I had bought a GT door for $5 at a swap meet and am going to use
it.  There is a difference between the GT door and the roadster door but
nothing a little welding wont take care of.  My right front fender has a
botched repair where someone welded a clip on and didn't get it
straight.  We've come up with a replacement but it needs some work too.
So it's the lesser of the two evils.  The boot lid has the usual bend at
the stay rod.  Anyone in the SF bay area have a spare boot lid the want
to get rid of?  I'll post some pictures of the progress soon.  Also does
anyone have a recommendation for a paint shop in the bay area that can
do the car with the doors, bonnet, boot lid, etc. off?  And now the for
the big decision....  What colour???

Dennis Cox
67 MGB

///