Re: Flywheel Removel

To: d_dibiase@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flywheel Removel
From: "Dave Munroe" <brutusdog1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 21:58:58 -0400
Dan;

There are a  lot of unique ideas that will come your way to do this, and
most of them will fail. I went through this a year ago and tried everything
suggested with no success. Then a wrench at a local motorcycle shop gave me
the tip I needed and it worked first time.

Get a 1/2" impact driver and turn your compressor up all the way, at least
120#. Put the socket on the bolt, the extension on the socket, get the wife
inside the car with the tranny in 4th and her foot firmly on the brake, then
the trick: pour hydraulic fluid, or failing that, ATF, into the impact gun
through the air fitting until it is full-hook up the air line, put the gun
on the extension and pull the trigger. Three or four impacts and the bolt
will spin off instantly, guaranteed.

Dave