Re: starting saga-9weeks!

To: Montgomery Morris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Re: starting saga-9weeks!
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:54:42 -0600
Hi Monty,

  I had a Crane unit on my B until it started running rough.  When I
first bought it there wasn't a shutter disk of the right size in the
kit.  Vicky Brit had Crane send me one.  It was one plastic piece with
spring steel inserts that fit over the cam lobes.  One pushed it down
over the cam until it bottomed.  The rotor was supposed to hold it
down.  However, I had an aftermarket rotor that didn't extend down far
enough on the shaft to hold the shutter disk down securely.  A Lucas
rotor cured that prob.  Maybe you just need another rotor.

 I suggest you check with the mechanic who fitted the Crane to your
engine.  Unless he pitched the unused parts he ought to have several
shutter disks left over from the kit.  It could be he used the wrong
one.

  You could put in points, although I thought you said you had a
Pertronix unit.

  Cheers,

  CR

///