Flywheel Travails...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Flywheel Travails...
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 14:12:24 -0800 (PST)
Well, I've made some progress with my stuck flywheel bolts. If you recall,
I am trying to remove the flywheel from my B 18GB engine in preparation
for mounting it on my engine stand. Finally got the right size socket
(19mm) and applying a lot of heat, got 2 of the 6 bolts loosened. The
remainder, however, are stuck tight. I had enough heat to make the
flywheel too hot to touch, and they still won't budge... An added problem
is that some of the bolts are now 'rounding', so I'm afraid to keep
banging away on them... I'm going to give them another shot tomorrow,
after yet again dousing them with penetrant... I don't have any air tools.
Any other thoughts would be appreciated, including on how I'll get them
out when I can't grip them any longer...!

After messing around, have a nice long ride in the 76 B, enjoying the
beautiful warm central NJ weather, which looks to continue until Wednesday
or so....

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ