Re: wiring question/ The answer

To: "bill king" <275GTB4@excite.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wiring question/ The answer
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 10:42:24 -0600
Bill,
    I highly recommend that you do clean all connectors while your at it.
This is about a 2 hour job but once its done you won't do it again for years
down the road.  This is the first thing I do when I acquire a british car.
Start in the trunk or in the rear and take apart every connector, clean with
scotch brite or  100 grit, and reassmble.  Do the same with the ground
connectors to body.  While doing this you may discover a few mismatched
wires or loose, corroded grounds.  Cleaning the fuse box is a great idea,
but replacing it with an inexpensive one from Radio Shack or your auto store
is the way to go.  Not exactly stock, but its new and its peace of mind.
You can also buy piggy back terminals at the Shack to replace the double
connection terminals like on an MGB.
    As far as making new connections theres nothing like a good solder joint
covered with heat shrink or a couple layers of electrical tape.

Good Luck,  Mark