Are you sure its Iris Blue?

To: bmack99@home.com
Subject: Are you sure its Iris Blue?
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 01:26:31 EST
Dear Doctor,
I ran into a fellow who had an original, nearly perfect (99 pt.car) 1963 pull
handle MGB at a car show in Ventura, Ca. it was painted Iris Blue. An Iris
Blue MGB can also be seen on page 57 of the essential MG lovers book by John
Heilig "MG SPORTS CARS" The pastel Iris Blue hue was very becoming but rare
on the early MGB MK. I roadster, In fact the earliest surviving RHD MGB
roadster is an Iris Blue car. But sadly the color ran its course and was
replaced by the color Mineral Blue in Oct. 1965. So if your MGB was made
after body # 73721(Oct.1965) then it's actually painted Mineral Blue, not
Iris Blue. The two indicated interior colors are Black and Blue, for both
paint colors. Info on the paint & interior schemes came from the book
"ORIGINAL MGB with MGC and MGB GT V8" by Anders Ditlev Clausager, which has a
lot of pertinent data to offer those who obsess on that sort of thing (like
me!)
                                 Albert Escalante 1978 MGB (Leyland White w/
Black interior)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///