RE: Dash Crinkle Paint

To: "'Max Heim'" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dash Crinkle Paint
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:40:55 -0800
If you take the chrome trim off the glovebox you will see what the original
paint finish looked like.  It is more of a pebble grain than wrinkle.

Back when I worked at Scotland Yard in Colorado, Paul Dierschow one of the
owners was able to get fantastic results using a local powder coat company.

I had two dashes done back then (circa 87)  they both have given stellar
service with no fading, scratching etc.  They are much closer to the
original finish than I have ever seen achieved with wrinkle paint.  Get your
dash vent covers done at the same time.

I believe the finish was one of the mattes available by shooting the powder
on at lower temps.

I'd love to duplicate the process, as I have a RHD dash that needs to be
refinished.

All the best

Kelvin Dodd
Ventura, CA

> Huh, I had no idea you could do a wrinkle finish in powder
> coat. It would
> seem to be a contradiction, almost. But it would be great if
> they can do it.
> Keep us posted.
>
> on 11/29/01 2:11 PM, dennis at mg-dennis@mindspring.com wrote:
>
> > I'm in the process of painting my MG.  I have the dash off
> and need to do the
> > same
> > thing.  I know the key to getting a good wrinkle finish is
> doing it warm.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///