Re: A hassle-free way to replace License plate bulbs.

To: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Subject: Re: A hassle-free way to replace License plate bulbs.
From: aaronw@wsu.edu
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:43:00 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 Aeseeyou@aol.com wrote:

> > illumination that a PO decided my car didn't need. Maybe someday I will
> > have reverse lights too.<<
>
>  List member, aeseeyou (me) has a suggestion on how you can "painlessly"
> change the pointed bulbs in the lamps on each side of the license plate.
> Attach a piece of either cellophane or masking tape to the bulb before

Very good suggestion, though I won't need it right now.  When I said
"replace the license plate illumination", I meant replace it all.  The
PO not only removed the bulb, he removed the entire assembly, leaving
only a shell.  To finish the job, he removed the wire leads as well.
The same applies for the reverse lights, except the housing is gone
too, replaced with bondo/paint (actually, this was done really well!).

The plate lamps are easy to replace, so that is why they are up next.

--
Aaron Whiteman -- Thoughts of graduation vaguely apply.
 My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views of the University.

///