Re: Body and paint

To: <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Body and paint
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 13:59:07 -0600
Dennis,
      Personally I do mine on the car.  That way you can have all the bolts
in and theres less chance of scratching paint.  You can leave them loose in
certain areas so the spray penetrates small crevices and then tightened them
down after drying.  When I had my B done I left the windshield off so that
area could be painted  properly. I prefer to put the doors on too and have
the painter mask around them and paint the door jams, that's what your
paying him for.  Let him do the work , and  you can sweat a little less too.
If you scratch a panel before painting who cares, sand it a  little bit and
the paint will cover it.      My   2cents.     Have fun with it.    Mark

     A good layer of a good undercoat inside the wheels helps fend off
future rust  and deadens some road noise.