Re: Windscreen leaks

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Windscreen leaks
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:38:37 -0800
Word on the street is that Dave Wood said:
> I picked up a magnetic vent seal (for lack of a better term) to place over
> the air vent when the car sits in the rain.  It prevents rain and leaves and
> such from collecting in the vent area.  It's done a great job.
>
> Dave 72 B

Agreed, I consider the cover a must-have in the rainy NorthWest...

When using it, make sure to remove the chrome intake trim and wire
mesh (if you have one) and apply it directly to the body.  That
way it will actually stick and you can ignore Moss' advice not to
drive with it on.  It probably keeps more water out, too.

You should also get the wire mesh that goes under the chrome thing,
it keeps junk out of the intake that will clog it and cause leaks.

Skye
66 B

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)

///