Re: Rear end oil

To: jschelli1@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: Rear end oil
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 01:36:57 EST
Adam..
According to the manufacturer CALTEX Gearlube 85w-140w was(quote) developed
to provide extended oil drain intervals. It is a high performance,
multipurpose, thermally durable, extreme pressure, lubricant formulated with
"clean gear" technology for applications where API GL-5/MT-1 performance is
required. Its specifically recommended for applications where extended drain
intervals of up to 200,000 km are required for hypoid differentials and final
drives of trucks and other automotive equiptment operating under high speed
and/or low speed, high torque conditions. (unquote) I didn't read anything
about its use in Sports Cars or anything containing the phrase "recommended
for use in European or British sports and touring cars." But it does have a
viscosity index of 96w most gearlube has a viscosity index of 90w. So its
pretty much your call, mate..I'd wait unless I heard otherwise But you can
check it out for yourself at=>>http://www.ampol.com.au/prods/GearlubeExt.html<
< Have fun!

Albert Escalante 1978 MGB; 1957 3.4 litre (Mk.I) 1977 XJ-6L; 1985 XJ-6 under
constr.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///