Truer words were never spoken! (No MG Content)

To: mgs List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Truer words were never spoken! (No MG Content)
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@zoominternet.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:44:05 -0500
I received this on one of my BMW Motorcycle lists. I couldn't stop
myself from posting it for the MG list to enjoy. I thought it hilarious;
I hope you do too.

How many Internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a light
bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that the light
bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the
light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light
bulbs
53 to flame the spell checkers
41 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"
another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive
156 to write to the list administrator about the light bulb discussion
and its inappropriateness to this mail list
109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to please take
this email exchange to litebulb-l
203 to demand that cross posting to grammar-l, spelling-l and
illuminati-l about changing light bulbs be stopped
111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use light
bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this mail list
306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to
buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
technique and what brands are faulty
27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and the post the
corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to
this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this list
4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ
44 to ask what is "FAQ"
33 to link all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and
footers and then add "Me too"
19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"
12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they cannot
handle the light bulb controversy

----- John Ferris

Jim
microdoc@zoominternet.net