Re: dizzy pickup alignment

To: "Montgomery Morris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dizzy pickup alignment
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:27:17 -0000
If you can get a consistent spark from the coil but not at the plug leads
then phasing is the likely problem.  You should be able to mark the position
of the posts in the cap on the distibutor body then line up the gap, the
pickup and the spark to that.  Remember to fix it at the 'retarded' end of
the range so that there is enough room for the timing to be advanced when
running.  Easiest done with the dizzie being driven by a variable speed
motor on the bench, but still do-able using engine cranking.