: 4 wheel disc brakes

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: : 4 wheel disc brakes
From: "n" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 21:31:09 -0500
Albert Escalante asks about adding disc brakes to the rear of his '78 B.

Albert, if you are planning to vintage race your '78 B, you need to check
all of your local vintage racing groups to see if you can do that.  SVRA
won't allow it.  In fact, most organizations won't let production cars that
new race.  Typical cut-off dates are '67, '72, '74.

Seems to me I saw rear brake conversion kits in a catalog recently.  Could
have been FAB-TEK, Brit-Tek, Moss or Vic Brit.  Don't remember & I don't
have my catalog files nearby.  Check them out.

The reality is that unless you are racing in SCCA E-Production, you might as
well stick to rear drums with better linings and a proportioning valve.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB daily driver, occasional vintage racer - SVRA & HSR

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///