Re: Connecting Rod Lengths

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Connecting Rod Lengths
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 12:06:14 -0600
FWIW:

The twin cam engineering data lists the rod length center to center as
6.498/6.502 inches.  I believe twin cam rods were used in the standard
push rod engine when using the special full floating racing pistons.

I thought the English HP tax was based on bore without consideration of
the stroke or actual dyno HP.  That's why early MG engines had overly
long strokes and small bores.  This tax was indeed dropped most likely
sometime in the late 50's and possibly before the twin cam's
introduction.

I also noticed that the "Gross Power output (S.A.E. CORRECTED)" of the
twin cam is listed as 110 B.H.P. at 6750 while the "standard power
output" is listed as 108 at 6700.

Blake

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list