choke conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: choke conversion
From: Montgomery Morris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 20:57:12 -0800
Happy New Year!
I have a manual choke conversion kit that I was going to install on the 79B
which has a water choke thingy-ma-jiggy. Used to have 68B with manual choke
that never had any problem starting here in cold Missouri. Since the
current B has been sitting idle (not by choice) for several months, I don't
really know if the water choke works very well or not, but I was going to
convert anyhooos.
Just got an email from a lister that says not to install the handchoke,
that the water choke repaired and set up correctly is much better.
I have read somewhere-probably here on the list, that the water chokes are
very prone to malfunction.
Any feedback would be appreciated before I do something stupid. The manual
choke was about $70 from that rip off Moss (Just kidding, Kelvin) and John
Twist can repair the water choke for about $100.
Monte, 79B
Kahoka, MO

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list