Re: Was Wheel Nuts/Ripoff

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Was Wheel Nuts/Ripoff
From: "Dave Wood" <dwood143@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:26:06 -0800
I have to agree with Bob.  I bought my 72 B new and remember well when all
of the parts sources dried up.  There has always been some "Foriegn" car
parts houses located in the Portland (Oregon) area but around 1980, it got
real hard to find MG parts.  Now you can find just about any part you want
eithier with a local Moss supplier or one of many very good Web sites.
Being an old fart, I still suffer from sticker shock, but that's because I
don't buy as many parts for newer cars as I do for the older ones.  Like the
$150 I had to pay for one of my kids Mazda alternators the other day, last
one I bought was for $30 or $40 dollars.  But thats the way it goes, first
your money, then your clothes.

Dave 72 B (Lake Oswego, Oregon)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list