It's only the fifth!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: It's only the fifth!
From: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 20:16:04 -0800
Well, I am sure that by the end of January, I will be over all the bad
things that could happen to my MGB for the rest of 2002!

so far, (on January 2.2002) my throw out bearing goes, taking out the clutch
and slave cylinder with it, ok no problem, get it all replaced, don't have a
lotta choice, gotta do it.

pick it up at the shop, (on January 4, 2002) Soft Top rips (it's old and was
mistreated before it was mine) and it's raining. Fortunately, expecting that
this would happen, I had purchased a softop on ebay a while back... I will
just install that one...

Doesn't fit, it's for a pack-away frame. Have to get a new one...

ok, new top on, new clutch, throw out bearing, slave cylinder (and flex
hose, fixed pipe, and master rubber)  take car home Friday (4), planning on
taking it out for a nice Saturday drive with the tunes cranked...

Get to the car this morning, no stereo.

god, I swear it was there last night...

hey, why are those wire hanging down under the steering column?

I thought I parked in all the way into the car port?

So, It looks like some one tried to make off with my car last night...
Couldn't get it going, (I would guess that most young joy riders these days
don't know what a manual choke is for...)

so I gotta get a new stereo, gotta clean up the dangling wiring, and I think
a battery cutoff switch, and alarm...

Anybody got alarms in the convertibles? Any experience with the 'microwave'
cabin sensors? (Like invisiguard from bull dog)

any recommendations or suggestions will be most appreciated...

I am sure I am running out of things that can go wrong and will have the
rest of the year in good order :-)

Wil.                                                '69 MGB

william@greenmgb.com

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///