Re: spark plug gap

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: spark plug gap
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:40:52 -0800
The advice I've received is to keep opening the plugs .005" until
you start to get misfires and then back off to the last-good setting.

Max gap will probably vary a lot from car-to-car and setup-to-setup so
providing a magic number would probably be impossible.

Indexing the plugs (so that the open part of the spark plug electrodes
is facing up towards the valves) can give you a little extra boost as
well.  Just mark the ceramic part and try the plug in each cyl until
it tightens up to the right direction.

Skye
66 B

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)

///