Re: The Missing word.(is Magnette)

To: "Rocky Frisco" <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Subject: Re: The Missing word.(is Magnette)
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:42:24 -0800
Sorry, Rocky, in the interests of accuracy I cannot let you propagate this
erroneous information! The MG equivalent of the Austin America was the MG
1100 (later 1300, at least in the domestic market). It was never badged as a
Magnette, that designation being reserved for the larger engined RWD sedans.

I agree with you, however, about how much fun the 1100s were. I owned one as
my everyday and MG club event transportation back in the early eighties.
'Twas, indeed, a hoot to drive!

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center