RE: The Missing/now MG1100

To: "'David Hill'" <davhill@btinternet.com>
Subject: RE: The Missing/now MG1100
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 17:18:16 -0800
Dave:

        Reminded me of my brother who owned an Austin 1100 in Wolverhampton.
The car was stolen, but found 1/4 of a mile away almost broken in two.

        The cars were not well thought of over here.  The mystique lives on
though.

        Back in the 70s our scrapyard would buy Austin Americas for $50.00
still running.  We would strip the doors and interior to make them lighter
then race and jump them over obsticles at a nearby building site.  The
Hydroelastic suspension could lift the cars 4 -5 feet off the ground given
enough of a run.

Kelvin.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list