Re: LA International Auto Show

To: "Rocky Frisco" <rock@rocky-frisco.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LA International Auto Show
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:43:48 -0000
This happened some years ago with the use of 'MG'.  I have some sympathy for
the legal position if not for BMW, for whilst most if not all current usage
is for parts for original cars, unless they clamp down now on the use of the
name and logo they will have no recourse in law if someone in the future
starts making a car and calling it an 'MG' or a 'Mini', since the terms will
be deemed to have passed into the public domain.  As far as the use of 'MG'
was concerned suppliers could either change their name, letterheads etc, or
pay a licence fee, but that is expensive.