Re: radiator cap

To: "Dan Hackney" <dhh2c@cms.mail.virginia.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: radiator cap
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:48:10 -0000
Originally the cap was 7lb, Clausager mentions a change to 13lb on 76 models
but nothing else.

The B Hive (http://bhive.tierranet.com/109coolingsystem.htm) says 7lb for
62-67, 10lb for 68-75, 13lb for 76, and 15lb for 77-80.

If your 72 has a 14lb cap to stop it boiling then, yes, it may well cause
water leaks elsewhere due to the higher pressure.  Put the correct cap on,
and if it boils, particularly immediately after switchoff, you have some
other problem that must be fixed, not bodged.  But if you pulled out the
refitted plug using a bit of stiff wire then I would say either the plug was
too small or the hole has become too big.