Parts needed for top (and other things)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Parts needed for top (and other things)
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:01:46 -0600
Hey everyone.

Since it actually looks like I am going to get this car on the road, I
guess I need to get a top.  The car has the chrome top mounting brackets
for a stow away top, but nothing else.  I have emailed a bunch of the
vendors about parts and have gotten a few responses but I forgot to check
on one what I need besides the frame itself.  What other parts will I need
for a top?  Isn't there a header rail, and is it different than the folding
top version?  Is there anything else I need.

I have decided that I am going to clean the car up, prep for paint and put
an inexpensive paint job on the car so it will look alright at 10 feet
until I can afford to paint it correctly.  That way the body is protected
and I have the use of my toy until next year when the household finances
start recovering from the new baby.  I am going to work on the brakes over
the next week and figure out the fuel starvation issue after that.  Then I
am going to put the car together as a driver for a while before I commit to
restoration.

Below is a list of things I need to complete the car that I want to get
used.  I have sent the list to several vendors and will probably buy the
parts from a few of them, but if anyone here has any of this stuff, let me
know.

complete stow away top frame (and header rail)
Right taillight
2 used wiper arms (I'll need new blades)
Hardware for windshield
Rear view mirror
Right Fender mirror
Grille badge
dual gauge
Glove box liner
Hub caps
Jack

Thanks
Patton

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
1965 Corvair Monza 110/4sp 'vert
1967 MGB

New Website!!!!  All New Format!!! All New Location!!!!
http://carport.virtualave.net/

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///