Harley Davidson Pop Pop

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Harley Davidson Pop Pop
From: "E.Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 01:19:43 -0400
Hi list, well it was a great day today because I finished installing my
standard cam, fixed the oil leak on the front engine cover and installed a
new crank pulley. I set the valves, put new coolant, fresh oil and plugs. I
turned the car until I got oil pressure and fired her up. After adjusting
idle to 900rpm it idled like a dream very soft and steady.  I ran the cam
in and then took the car for a drive. After about five block the engine got
a bit rough and lost power massively while making a pop pop pop kind of
noise like a Harley bike as if a cylinder was not firing. Strange thing is
the oil pressure never dropped and engine never heated above norma op
temperature.  I did mess a bit with the weber carb mixture screw. Could
this be the problem? engine also diesels a bit when I turn it off.  If I
let the car sit a few minutes it will start fine go a few blocks and then
loose power. Thanks for any advise. Enrique

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///