Re: Update: Zero Oil Pressure

To: <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Update: Zero Oil Pressure
From: "Bill Meyer" <wcameyer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:29:57 -0700
Dennis gets the gold watch:  the machine shop left out the plug!!   I had to
remove the pan from an old engine I had lying about to verify this.

Thanks to everyone for their ideas and concern.  Special thanks to Mike
Winney for coming over and commiserating with me.   Just ordered pan gaskets
(I
want a spare!!) and hope to get back on it in two weeks, my next free
weekend.

Bill

> Check to see what hole the oil is coming out of.  There are two of them.
One of
> them should have a brass plug in it.  If it doesn't oil will dump back to
the pan.

> Dennis Cox
> 67 MGB
>
> Bill Meyer wrote:
>
> > Replaced the relief valve as Kai suggested, although the new one was
only
> > thousandths larger.  No luck
> > Pressure primed the pump through the oil cooler line as suggested on
Barney's
> > website. No luck.
> > Removed the pan and pump - it checked out and I have the correct gasket.
> > Re-installed pump, put a pot of oil on a jack and submersed the pump
pickup.
> > Turned the engine over and soon had a steady stream pouring out the hole
in
> > the block casting in the left rear corner.  As this lines up with the
tube in
> > the corner of the pan, I must assume this is the normal return from the
relief
> > valve.
> > What can further be done without pulling the engine?
> >
> > Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///