Re: Remove or cover surface rust???

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>,
Subject: Re: Remove or cover surface rust???
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:23:40 -0600
I found the Dinitrol US website.  It would be nice to fill those places you
cant paint with something if it really worked.  Has anyone  ever used this
stuff?
http://www.dinolus.com/

Patton

At 11:48 AM 1/13/2002, Barrie Robinson wrote:
>Andrew,
>
>I think you may be in error about the aircraft stuff.  There is an old
>established European company with a product called Dinitrol.  In the 60s
>their rust protection stuff for cars was legendary - but expensive.  They
>have continued to grow and now offer a whole bevy of stuff for cars and
>aircraft.  The aircraft stuff is available commercially but I know not
>about actual paint.  Their AV-30 is suitable as a gooey stuff in the dark
>recesses of your vehicle instead of Waxoyl and I know they have an
>underseal.  Anyway try them at 800-331-4304 in the USA.  I know they only
>deal in aircraft stuff presumably because NA is very often reluctant to
>use European technology (NIH syndrome!)
>
>There is a Canadian supplier in Bradford, Ontario
>
>By the way, the only people to not make stuff available commercially is
>the military.  You just have to find the source.  I have found this stuff,
>and special foam used in aircraft pilot seats, and I use fasteners usually
>only found on helicopters

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
1965 Corvair Monza 110/4sp 'vert
1967 MGB

New Website!!!!  All New Format!!! All New Location!!!!
http://carport.virtualave.net/

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///