The MGA, an aerodynamic wonder...

To: eric@erickson.on.net
Subject: The MGA, an aerodynamic wonder...
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:02:58 EST
Eric,
I really don't understand why Max Heim would write something so silly as(see
Below)

> >Max Heim wrote:
>
> > Either way, an MGA isn't going to exceed 100mph at top end by very much
(if
> > any),
> > due to aerodynamic shortcomings...

Aerodynamic Shortcoming.?
Being that the MGA is almost a complete duplicatation or replication of the
incredible EX-175 MG-LeMans car built by Syd Enever...that led to the record
smashing EX-179 the car that at one time held almost100 International and
World speed records. The EX-175 was a study in aerodynamic design, especially
evident when compared to the MG-TC's/TD's and even the MG-TF's the cars MG
was producing at the time. Even \`1though the EX-175 was conceived in 1951
and built in 1952. But read more about it yourself just go to:>>
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgccmga/nonframe/booklet.htm<< Its a great littlle
read called  simply "Bookle. Again back to the aerodynamics, just  compare
the angular squared off, stagnant lines of the "T" series cars with the
smoother curved lines of the EX-175 inspired MGA...Cheerio!
Albert Escalante,1978 MGB

(ps Hows the Bushfire, still putting everything "on the barby"? )

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///