Defroster control

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Defroster control
From: Steve Krane <orangemgb@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:45:41 -0500
Hello List:
The door to which the end of the defroster cable connects has broken on
my GT.  It can be viewed through the heat vent in the passenger footwell.
 The only way for me to change the direction of the air flow (heat or
defrost) is to stick a long screwdriver into the mechanism and move the
door manually.

Is there a way to get to this area to fix it or am I doomed to using the
"manual" method.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Krane