catalytic converter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: catalytic converter
From: Monte Morris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 20:21:45 -0800
Thanks to those who talked me through removing the converter to replace the
gasket. I ended up having to remove the manifold (I now know what that is!)
with the converter attached in order to get to the bottom inside nut. Since
I just rebuilt the ZS carb and automatic choke, I decided to replace this
leaking gasket while I had everything off. Of course, I then noticed that
the left front motor mount is cracked, so I suppose I might as well tackle
it while everything is already removed from that side.

I remember recently reading on the list about replacing motor mounts
without removing the motor. Could someone that's done this please talk me
through it?

As a novice at this mechanic stuff, I guess I'm getting valuable experience
:-). Hopefully, before spring I'll have it ready to go (thanks to the
list's expert advice).

Thanks,
Monte 79B

///