Help finding rectifier stack for Lucas 16ACR

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help finding rectifier stack for Lucas 16ACR
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 16:36:52 -0800
Hello Paul and all:
I am in a quandary, one which I hope you will help me out of!!
My backup alternator just went out, and since it has only been in the car
running a year I haven't had time to fix my backup alternator. Both 16ACR
alternators have bad diodes, open in both cases. One may also have a bad
regulator and worn brushes. In calling Moss this am, and talking to Chris, I
mentioned that my alt's PN's are different than why their catalogue shows
for my 69 BGT, and he mentioned that there was a good chance the rectifier
for the '69 PN 130-250 would work, but there was no guarantee. So my
quandary is...do I order this rectifier for both alts and hope it works, or
is there another solution other than buying another rebuilt unit? Please
keep in mind I really want to keep the alt original...I'm really not into
the GM conversion stuff.

I would also consider uprating the rectifier, if there is an beefier part
available. In listening to the list traffic these past 3 years there have
been a fair number of alt problem, probably mostly related to the rectifiers
going open or shorted.

My alt part numbers are:
23566A needs rectifier stack, maybe regulator, and brushes
28603A just needs new rectifiers
( both are 5 pin alts)

Kind regards,

Tim Economu